The Eye of Leadership
Have you ever been a leader of a group and never felt worthy enough? Have you ever felt that you should always be a follower? Well chances are that you have or were put in the position of leadership for God’s purpose.
In Psalm 58, King David examined the corruption of those in charge and lamented over their wickedness. “Do you rulers indeed speak justly? Do you judge people with equity?” (Psalm 58:2) What is interesting about David’s observations is that they most likely were made before he became king.
There was a long time between the time that David was anointed king and when he actually became king. This was a learning time for David that helped him grow into the leader that God wanted.
You might find yourself in the middle of a difficult situation. What will you do with that situation? Could this be a situation that is preparing you for a more advanced leadership role? For our perspective is radically changed when we look at all of our current trials with an eye to the future.
“ Whatever you do, work at it with all of your heart, as working for the Lord, not men. ”
— Colossians 3:23
Here are some tips to keep as you enter your first year at Biola.
1. Get plugged into a community and stick with that group until you graduate, you wont regret it!
2. Seriously consider joining the Torrey Honors program, it’s a program like no other.
3. Don’t slack off on grades, your scholarship depends on it!
4. Save up and get a Disneyland Pass!
5. Have a heart and willingness to learn and do whatever the Lord tells you to do.
So for those of you who are dorming at Biola next year, July is the month I believe when you find out who your roommate is! But in the mean time here are some general roommate tips.
1. Get to know your roommate/s online once you find out who they are, feel free to Facebook them.
2. Talk to your roommate about what items you want to bring to your room, you wont regret it!
3. It’s first come first serve on dorm furniture and bed, so check into your room early.
4. The first 3 weeks is most crucial in developing good relations with your roommate, so dont be shy.
5. If you are worried about what roommate you’ll get, just remember that God is in the decision.